• Starting Your Business

  • The City of Morro Bay is full of opportunity!

    Waterfront development, approved plans for infrastructure investment, and some of the best outdoor events on the Central Coast are bringing a new generation of residents to Morro Bay. The business community is coming together and embracing measured revitalization with the motto “We’re in this together.” Community members share an unwavering commitment to the preservation and celebration of Morro Bay’s stunning natural beauty and active harbor. The city is located on a national estuary and is a national bird sanctuary, adding to the long list of unique assets that draw close to one million visitors per year to this city of 10,500 people. 

    Economic Development

    The Chamber is committed to promoting a diverse and thriving economy for Morro Bay in partnership with a business-friendly local government. Recent Morro Bay City Council-adopted strategic plans are being put into motion by an active Community Development Department. These plans aim to enhance economic activity in the city’s Downtown and Waterfront districts in the near term (DWSP), and to all four of Morro Bay’s economic centers in the near future (EDSP). The City of Morro Bay, incorporated in 1964, has also committed to updating its General Plan: a broad planning document that sets out the direction of the city, its goals and policies, and its land use for the next 20+ years. Morro Bay’s General Plan update is a multi-year project scheduled for completion in December of 2018 and subject to California Coastal Commission approval.


    For more information, go to:
    City of Morro Bay
    Morro Bay Tourism

    Business Resources

    San Luis Obispo County has many resources for small businesses looking to start, run or grow an existing business. Check the Chamber’s event calendar for the next time we’re scheduled to collaborate with one of our resource partners to bring their expertise into Morro Bay. Or, go directly to their web pages to access their resources in a neighboring town or city within the county.

    SBDC/Cal Poly Hothouse
    Cuesta Workforce and Economic Development

  • Upcoming Events